Networking Events Starting This Week!!
We are delighted to announce that Shaftesbury Chamber of Commerce is planning a series of networking events to help local businesses get to know one another and support each other’s businesses.
Even if you are not a Chamber member, you are welcome to come along to up to two meetings. You can then join the Chamber for only £40 per year to gain access to all of the networking events held throughout the year. Amongst other benefits, membership also gives you the opportunity to submit an application to do a ten-minute presentation at one of the meetings on an aspect of your business that may be of interest to other local businesses.
All meetings take place on a Thursday to coincide with market day and for the initial series we will be alternating breakfast and lunch meetings.
Each meeting will include:
- Opportunities for informal networking
- Time to briefly introduce yourself and your business to everyone else in the room
- A ten minute presentation of interest to businesses, usually by a Chamber member although we will consider outside speakers that we believe may be of interest.
- Announcement slot for local events (for which you can submit items), relevant Chamber notices and testimonials to thank other members for referring business
- A delicious breakfast or lunch at one of the Chamber’s catering establishments
Dates and speakers for our initial series of meetings:
- 24th September – Breakfast at Turnbulls
“The usefulness of networking and how to do a good one minute introduction” by Dr Karen Janes from Natural Healing Energy and Co-Chair of Salisbury’s most successful women’s business networking group, Women on Wednesday.
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18thSeptember and specify any dietary requirements.
- 22nd October – Lunch at The Royal Chase Hotel – £11.95
“Are you left brained or right brained and does it matter?” by Vanessa Spencer from Bimport Chiropractic Clinic.
To book please email email@example.com by Friday 16thOctober and specify any dietary requirements.
For your diary future meeting dates are as follows. The details of venues and speakers will be confirmed shortly. Breakfasts will be held from 7.45 to 9.00am and lunches will be from 12.30-2.00pm unless otherwise stated. If you would like your venue to be considered for hosting a Chamber networking event please email us.
- 26th November – Breakfast
- 28th January – Lunch
- 25th February – Breakfast
- 31st March – Lunch.